Sample Business Contracts
Compensation Letter - Amazon.com Inc. and Diego Piacentini
- Employment Agreement. Employers can customize an employment agreement that states the salary, benefits, working hours and other important provisions for their new or existing employee.
- Consulting Agreement. Answer simple questions to build a contract with a consultant. Specify the services rendered, when payment is due, as well as IP rights.
- Commission Agreement. Employers who compensate their sales employees based on commissions can prepare an agreement to reduce misunderstandings by specifying the base salary and how commissions are calculated.
- Executive Employment Agreement. Companies may offer their business executives a contract that is different from the one provided to their regular employees. Executive employment agreements may be more complex because the compensation structure may include a combination of salary and commissions, provide for bonuses based on sales, stock or other financial targets, and include non-compete, confidentiality and severance provisions.
- Sales Representative Contract. Independent sales representatives offer companies the potential to increase the sale of products or services without the burden of increasing headcount. Both parties should understand how commissions are calculated, when commissions will be paid, as well as how the representative will treat confidential information from the company and whether the representative may also sell a competing line of products or services.
- More Employment Agreements
[LETTERHEAD OF AMAZON.COM]
May 16, 2000
1200 12th Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144
Re: Special Bonus
As you know, we have tremendous challenge and opportunity ahead of us for the
year 2000 and beyond. I truly appreciate the integral role that you play in our
In recognition and appreciation of your contributions, Amazon.com will pay you a
special bonus in the amount of $1,000,000 (One Million Dollars). This bonus will
be paid in equal monthly installments over a one-year period beginning with your
paycheck for May 2000 and will be subject to standard payroll practices and
applicable withholding taxes. If your employment with Amazon.com terminates for
any reason prior to payment of the full bonus, you will forfeit all remaining
/s/ Jeff Bezos
Chief Executive Officer