Sample Business Contracts
Employment Agreement [Amendment] - Pittston Co. and David L. Marshall
- Employment Agreement. Employers can customize an employment agreement that states the salary, benefits, working hours and other important provisions for their new or existing employee.
- Consulting Agreement. Answer simple questions to build a contract with a consultant. Specify the services rendered, when payment is due, as well as IP rights.
- Commission Agreement. Employers who compensate their sales employees based on commissions can prepare an agreement to reduce misunderstandings by specifying the base salary and how commissions are calculated.
- Executive Employment Agreement. Companies may offer their business executives a contract that is different from the one provided to their regular employees. Executive employment agreements may be more complex because the compensation structure may include a combination of salary and commissions, provide for bonuses based on sales, stock or other financial targets, and include non-compete, confidentiality and severance provisions.
- Sales Representative Contract. Independent sales representatives offer companies the potential to increase the sale of products or services without the burden of increasing headcount. Both parties should understand how commissions are calculated, when commissions will be paid, as well as how the representative will treat confidential information from the company and whether the representative may also sell a competing line of products or services.
- More Employment Agreements
As of October 1, 1997
Mr. David L. Marshall
16 Governors Harbour
Hilton Head Island
South Carolina 29926
Reference is made to your employment agreement dated as of
June 1, 1997 (the "Agreement"). This will set forth amendments to that
Agreement, as we have mutually agreed:
1. Section 3 of the Agreement is hereby amended by adding the
following sentence at the end of subsection (a):
Beginning as of October 1, 1997, your salary rate shall
increase to $75,000 per year.
2. Section 3 of the Agreement is hereby amended by adding the
phrase, "Key Employees Incentive Plan," after the word "Company's" in the first
sentence of subsection (b).
3. Section 8 of the Agreement is hereby amended by deleting
the phrase, "within the Pittston Services Group" in clauses (i) and (ii)
These amendments are effective from and after October 1, 1997.
Except as otherwise provided herein, the terms and conditions of the Agreement
shall remain in full force and effect.
Please acknowledge your agreement with the terms hereof by
your signature in the space provided below.
Very truly yours,
THE PITTSTON COMPANY
By /s/ J. Farrell 10/1/97
Chairman of the Board Date
I hereby acknowledge and agree that the foregoing is in
accordance with our agreement.
/s/ D. L. Marshall 10/7/97
David L. Marshall Date
Dated as of October 1, 1997