Sample Business Contracts
Compensation Letter - Amazon.com Inc. and Mark Britto
- Employment Agreement. Employers can customize an employment agreement that states the salary, benefits, working hours and other important provisions for their new or existing employee.
- Consulting Agreement. Answer simple questions to build a contract with a consultant. Specify the services rendered, when payment is due, as well as IP rights.
- Commission Agreement. Employers who compensate their sales employees based on commissions can prepare an agreement to reduce misunderstandings by specifying the base salary and how commissions are calculated.
- Executive Employment Agreement. Companies may offer their business executives a contract that is different from the one provided to their regular employees. Executive employment agreements may be more complex because the compensation structure may include a combination of salary and commissions, provide for bonuses based on sales, stock or other financial targets, and include non-compete, confidentiality and severance provisions.
- Sales Representative Contract. Independent sales representatives offer companies the potential to increase the sale of products or services without the burden of increasing headcount. Both parties should understand how commissions are calculated, when commissions will be paid, as well as how the representative will treat confidential information from the company and whether the representative may also sell a competing line of products or services.
- More Employment Agreements
[LETTERHEAD OF AMAZON.COM]
July 27, 2000
1200 12th Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144
I am very pleased that you have decided to accept a position as Senior Vice
President responsible for marketing and cross-site merchandising. As you know,
we have tremendous challenge and opportunity ahead of us, and I truly appreciate
the integral role that you play in our efforts.
Your new base salary, beginning with your paycheck for July 2000, will be
$150,000 annually. Amazon.com also will pay you a bonus in the amount of
$2,500,000 (Two Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars). This bonus will be paid
in equal monthly installments over a thirty-month period beginning with your
paycheck for July 2000 and will be subject to standard payroll practices and
applicable withholding taxes. If your employment with Amazon.com terminates for
any reason prior to payment of the full bonus, you will forfeit all remaining
/s/ Jeff Bezos
Chief Executive Officer