Sample Business Contracts
Employment Agreement [Amendment] - eCollege.com and Charles P. Schneider
- Employment Agreement. Employers can customize an employment agreement that states the salary, benefits, working hours and other important provisions for their new or existing employee.
- Consulting Agreement. Answer simple questions to build a contract with a consultant. Specify the services rendered, when payment is due, as well as IP rights.
- Commission Agreement. Employers who compensate their sales employees based on commissions can prepare an agreement to reduce misunderstandings by specifying the base salary and how commissions are calculated.
- Executive Employment Agreement. Companies may offer their business executives a contract that is different from the one provided to their regular employees. Executive employment agreements may be more complex because the compensation structure may include a combination of salary and commissions, provide for bonuses based on sales, stock or other financial targets, and include non-compete, confidentiality and severance provisions.
- Sales Representative Contract. Independent sales representatives offer companies the potential to increase the sale of products or services without the burden of increasing headcount. Both parties should understand how commissions are calculated, when commissions will be paid, as well as how the representative will treat confidential information from the company and whether the representative may also sell a competing line of products or services.
- More Employment Agreements
[LETTERHEAD OF eCOLLEGE.COM]
March 12, 2001
Charles P. Schneider
10200 A East Girard Avenue
Denver, Colorado 80231
Re: Amendment to Employment Agreement
I am writing to confirm that effective October 1, 2000 your salary is $265,000,
and your target bonus, subject to the discretion of the Board of Directors, is
$150,000. Effective November 30, 2000, your title is President.
This letter is intended to amend your Employment Agreement to reflect your new
salary and/or title. The purpose of this letter is to express these changes
only; no terms and conditions of your Employment Agreement, other than the terms
that are expressly amended in this letter, are changed by this letter.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to
contact me. Please acknowledge your understanding and acceptance of this
amendment to your Employment Agreement by signing below and returning this
document to the General Counsel on or before March 16, 2001.
/s/ Oakleigh Thorne
Chief Executive Officer
Acknowledged and Accepted By:
/s/ Charles P. Schneider
Charles P. Schneider