Sample Business Contracts
Employment Agreement [Amendment] - Opinion Research Corp. and John F. Short
- Employment Agreement. Employers can customize an employment agreement that states the salary, benefits, working hours and other important provisions for their new or existing employee.
- Consulting Agreement. Answer simple questions to build a contract with a consultant. Specify the services rendered, when payment is due, as well as IP rights.
- Commission Agreement. Employers who compensate their sales employees based on commissions can prepare an agreement to reduce misunderstandings by specifying the base salary and how commissions are calculated.
- Executive Employment Agreement. Companies may offer their business executives a contract that is different from the one provided to their regular employees. Executive employment agreements may be more complex because the compensation structure may include a combination of salary and commissions, provide for bonuses based on sales, stock or other financial targets, and include non-compete, confidentiality and severance provisions.
- Sales Representative Contract. Independent sales representatives offer companies the potential to increase the sale of products or services without the burden of increasing headcount. Both parties should understand how commissions are calculated, when commissions will be paid, as well as how the representative will treat confidential information from the company and whether the representative may also sell a competing line of products or services.
- More Employment Agreements
AMENDMENT TO EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
THIS AMENDMENT TO EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT is made as of the 12th day of
February, 1998 by and between OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION, a Delaware
corporation (the "Company") and JOHN F. SHORT (the "Executive").
W I T N E S S E T H
WHEREAS, the Company and the Executive have entered into an Employment
Agreement dated as of the 1st day of November, 1996 (the "Agreement"); and
WHEREAS, the parties wish to amend the Agreement by clarifying the
definition of Base Compensation set forth therein to include any increases to
such Base Compensation determined by the Compensation Committee of the Board
from time to time.
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties, intending to be legally bound, agree as
1. The Agreement is hereby amended by adding the following sentence to
the end of paragraph 3(a): "Such Base Compensation as increased from
time to time by the Compensation Committee of the Board shall be
deemed to be the Executive's Base Compensation for purposes of this
2. Except as provided in the preceding paragraph, all other terms and
conditions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have duly executed this
Agreement as of the date first above written.
OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION
By:/s/Michael R. Cooper
/s/John F. Short
John F. Short