Sample Business Contracts
COMMON STOCK WARRANT
NEITHER THIS WARRANT NOR THE SHARES OF STOCK ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE HEREOF HAVE BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE "ACT"). NO SALE, TRANSFER OR OTHER DISPOSITION OF THIS WARRANT OR SAID SHARES MAY BE EFFECTED WITHOUT (i) AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT RELATED THERETO, (ii) AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY IN FORM AND SUBSTANCE TO THE COMPANY THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER THE ACT OR (iii) RECEIPT OF A NO-ACTION LETTER FROM THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION TO THE EFFECT THAT REGISTRATION UNDER THE ACT IS NOT REQUIRED. THE WARRANT EVIDENCED HEREBY IS NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Right to Purchase 12,500
The SCO Group, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the "Company"), hereby certifies that in consideration for early payment of the amount payable to the Company in November 2003 under the terms of the Software License Agreement dated February 25, 2003 between the Company and Sun Microsystems, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Sun"), the receipt in full of which is hereby acknowledged, Sun, or any transferee to whom this warrant (the "Warrant") is properly transferred in accordance with Section 3(c) below (Sun or any such transferee, the "Holder"), is entitled, on the terms set forth below, to purchase from the Company at any time during the period commencing on October 31, 2003 (the "Exercisability Date") and, subject to the provisions of Section 1 below, ending at 5:00 p.m., Pacific time, on October 31, 2008, 12,500 fully paid and nonassessable shares of the common stock, par value $0.001 per share (the "Warrant Shares"), of the Company, at a price of $1.83 per share, subject to adjustments as provided below (the "Purchase Price"). As used herein, the term "Stock" shall mean the Company's presently authorized common stock or any stock into or for which such common stock may hereafter be converted or exchanged prior to or concurrent with the exercise of this Warrant.
Notice of Exercise. In such event, the Company shall issue to the Holder a number of shares computed using the following formula:
3. Representations and Covenants of the Holder. This Warrant has been issued by the Company in reliance upon the following representations and covenants of the Holder:
The Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant is non-transferable, except in accordance with the terms of this provision. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the restrictions imposed upon the transferability of shares of the Stock do not apply to transfers by the Holder, in part or whole, to any subsidiary, parent, affiliate, general partner or limited partner of the Holder, and shall terminate as to any particular share of Stock when (1) the transfer of such security shall have been effectively registered under the Act and transferred by the Holder thereof in accordance with such registration, or (2) such security shall have been sold without registration in compliance with Rule 144 under the Act or (3) a letter shall have been issued to the Holder at its request by the staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission or a ruling shall have been issued to the Holder at its request by such Commission stating that no action shall be recommended by such staff or taken by such Commission, as the case may be, if such security is transferred without registration under the Act in accordance with the conditions set forth in such letter or ruling and such letter or ruling specifies that no subsequent restrictions on transfer are required. Whenever the Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant may be sold pursuant to Rule 144(k), the restrictions imposed herein shall terminate, the Holder or holder of a share of Stock issued upon exercise of this Warrant as to which such restrictions have terminated shall be entitled to receive from the Company,
without expense to such holder, one or more new certificates for the Warrant or for such shares of Stock not bearing any restrictive legend.
4. Delivery of Stock Certificates on Exercise. Promptly after the exercise of this Warrant and the payment of the Purchase Price pursuant to Section 2(b) or after the net exercise of this Warrant pursuant to Section 2(c), the Company will issue to the Holder or upon the order of the Holder hereof, a certificate or certificates for the number of whole shares of Stock to which the Holder is entitled; provided, however, that (i) the Holder shall have furnished to the Company at the time of such exercise a signed Investment Representation Statement substantially in the form attached hereto as Exhibit B and (ii) the Company will place on each certificate the following legend:
"THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED HEREBY HAVE BEEN ACQUIRED FOR INVESTMENT AND HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE "ACT"). THESE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE SOLD OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH REGISTRATION OR AN EXEMPTION THEREFROM UNDER THE ACT."
Furthermore, the Company will place on each certificate any legend required by any applicable state blue sky law.
5. Adjustments for Dividends in Other Stock or Property; Reclassifications. The Purchase Price and the number and type of Warrant Shares and/or other property issuable upon exercise of this Warrant shall be appropriately and proportionately adjusted to reflect any stock dividend, stock split, combination of shares, reclassification, recapitalization, any corporate reorganization other than as provided in Section 1 hereof or other similar event affecting the number or character of outstanding Warrant Shares, so that the number and type of securities and/or other property issuable upon exercise of this Warrant shall be equal to that which would have been issuable with respect to the number of Warrant Shares subject hereto at the time of such event, had such Warrant Shares then been outstanding.
6. Certificate as to Adjustments. In each case of an adjustment in the Purchase Price or in the shares of Stock or other stock, securities or property receivable on the exercise of the Warrant, the Company, at its expense, will compute such adjustment in accordance with the terms of the Warrant and prepare a certificate setting forth such adjustment and showing in detail the facts upon which the adjustment is based. The Company will mail a copy of each such certificate to the Holder of the Warrant outstanding at that time.
7. Notices of Record Date. In case (i) the Company takes a record of the holders of its Stock (or other stock or securities at the time receivable upon the exercise of the Warrant) for the purpose of entitling them to receive any dividend or other distribution, or any right to subscribe for or purchase any shares of stock of any class or any other securities; or (ii) of any capital reorganization of the Company, any reclassification of the common stock of the Company, any consolidation or merger of the Company with or into another corporation, including, without limitation, any Merger or Consolidation, or any conveyance of all or substantially all of the assets of the Company to another
corporation; or (iii) of any voluntary dissolution, liquidation or winding-up of the Company; then, in each such case, the Company will mail or cause to be mailed to each Holder of a Warrant at the time outstanding a notice specifying, as the case may be, (a) the date on which a record is to be taken for the purpose of such dividend, distribution or right, and stating the amount and character of such dividend, distribution or right, or (b) the date on which such reorganization, reclassification, consolidation, merger, conveyance, dissolution, liquidation or winding-up is to take place, and time, if any is to be fixed, as of which the holders of record of Stock (or such other stock or securities at the time receivable upon the exercise of the Warrant) will be entitled to exchange their shares of Stock (or such other stock or securities) for securities or other property deliverable upon such reorganization, reclassification, consolidation, merger, conveyance, dissolution, liquidation or winding-up, and, in the case of a reorganization, consolidation, merger or conveyance, the fair market value of such securities or other property as determined by the Board of Directors of the Company. Such notice shall be mailed at least ten (10) days prior to the date specified therein; provided, however, that in the event of a Merger or Consolidation the Company shall use its best efforts to provide such notice in accordance with Section 11 below at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the closing date of such Merger or Consolidation and, in any event, shall provide such notice in accordance with Section 11 below at least fifteen (15) days prior to such closing date.
8. Reservation of Stock Issuable on Exercise of Warrant. The Company will at all times reserve and keep available, solely for issuance and delivery upon the exercise of this Warrant, all such shares of Stock and other stock, or such other stock, securities and property as from time to time are receivable upon the exercise of the Warrant.
9. Exchanges of Warrant. Subject to the provisions of Section 3(c) above, upon surrender for exchange of this Warrant (in negotiable form, if not surrendered by the Holder named on the face thereof) to the Company at its principal office, the Company, at its expense, will issue and deliver a new Warrant or Warrants exercisable in the aggregate for the same number of shares of Stock, in the denomination or denominations requested, to or on the order of such Holder upon payment by such Holder of any applicable transfer taxes; provided, however, that any transferee of the Warrant shall be required to make the representations set forth in Exhibit B attached hereto.
10. Replacement of Warrant. Upon receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant and (in the case of loss, theft or destruction) upon delivery of an indemnity agreement in such reasonable amount as the Company may determine, or (in the case of mutilation) upon surrender and cancellation thereof, the Company at its expense, will issue a replacement warrant in substantially identical form to this Warrant.
11. Notices. Any notices, demand, offer, request or other communication required or permitted to be given by either the Company or a Holder (collectively, a "Notice") pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, if delivered to the Holder, shall be sent to the following address:
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
or at such other addresses provided to the Company or such other address as a party may request by notifying the other in writing.
TO: THE SCO GROUP, INC.
1. The undersigned hereby elects to purchase shares of Common Stock of The SCO Group, Inc. pursuant to the terms of the attached Warrant.
2. Exercise (Please initial the blank):
Shares of Common Stock
In connection with the acquisition of the above-listed securities the undersigned hereby represents to The SCO Group, Inc. (the "Company") as follows:
(as provided by Rule 144(f)) and the number of shares being sold during any three-month period not exceeding specified limitations.