Security Agreement - Wind River Systems Inc. and Wells Fargo Bank NA
SECURITY AGREEMENT: SECURITIES ACCOUNT
1. GRANT OF SECURITY INTEREST. For valuable consideration, the undersigned WIND RIVER SYSTEMS, INC., a Delaware corporation (Debtor), hereby grants and transfers to WELLS FARGO BANK, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION (Bank) a security interest in (a) Debtors Account No. 12737300 (whether held in Debtors name or as a Bank collateral account for the benefit of Debtor), and all replacements or substitutions therefor, including any account resulting from a renumbering or other administrative re-identification thereof (collectively, the Securities Account) maintained with Wells Fargo Institutional Securities, LLC (Intermediary), (b) all financial assets credited to the Securities Account, (c) all security entitlements with respect to the financial assets credited to the Securities Account, and (d) any and all other investment property or assets maintained or recorded in the Securities Account (with all the foregoing defined as Collateral), together with whatever is receivable or received when any of the Collateral or proceeds thereof are sold, collected, exchanged or otherwise disposed of, whether such disposition is voluntary or involuntary, including without limitation, (i) all rights to payment, including returned premiums, with respect to any insurance relating to any of the foregoing, (ii) all rights to payment with respect to any claim or cause of action affecting or relating to any of the foregoing, and (iii) all stock rights, rights to subscribe, stock splits, liquidating dividends, cash dividends, dividends paid in stock, new securities or other property of any kind which Debtor is or may hereafter be entitled to receive on account of any securities pledged hereunder, including without limitation, stock received by Debtor due to stock splits or dividends paid in stock or sums paid upon or in respect of any securities pledged hereunder upon the liquidation or dissolution of the issuer thereof (hereinafter called Proceeds). Except as otherwise expressly permitted herein, in the event Debtor receives any such Proceeds, Debtor will hold the same in trust on behalf of and for the benefit of Bank and will immediately deliver all such Proceeds to Bank in the exact form received, with the endorsement of Debtor if necessary and/or appropriate undated stock powers duly executed in blank, to be held by Bank as part of the Collateral, subject to all terms hereof. As used herein, the terms control, security entitlement, financial asset and investment property shall have the respective meanings set forth in the California Uniform Commercial Code. In addition, each other capitalized term used but not otherwise defined herein has the meaning ascribed thereto in that certain Credit Agreement, dated as of April 15, 2003 (as amended, supplemented and/or otherwise modified from time to time, the Credit Agreement), entered into between Bank and Debtor.
2. OBLIGATIONS SECURED. The obligations secured hereby are the payment and performance of all Obligations.
3. TERMINATION. This Agreement will terminate upon the performance of all obligations of Debtor to Bank secured hereby, and the termination of all commitments of Bank to extend credit to Debtor that are secured hereby, existing at the time Bank receives written notice from Debtor of the termination of this Agreement.
4. OBLIGATIONS OF BANK. Bank shall have no duty to take any steps necessary to preserve the rights of Debtor against prior parties, or to initiate any action to protect against the possibility of a decline in the market value of the Collateral or Proceeds. Bank shall not be obligated to take any action with respect to the Collateral or Proceeds requested by Debtor unless such request is made in writing and Bank determines, in its sole discretion, that the requested action would not unreasonably jeopardize the value of the Collateral and Proceeds as security for the Obligations.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. Debtor represents and warrants to Bank that: (a) Debtors legal name is exactly as set forth on the first page of this Agreement, and all of Debtors organizational documents or agreements delivered to Bank are complete and accurate in every respect; (b) Debtor is the sole owner of the Collateral and Proceeds; (c) Debtor has the exclusive right to grant a security interest in the Collateral and Proceeds; (d) all Collateral and Proceeds are genuine, free from liens, adverse claims, setoffs, default, prepayment, defenses and conditions precedent of any kind or character, except for Permitted Liens; (e) except in respect of Permitted Liens, no financing statement covering any of the Collateral or Proceeds, and naming any secured party other than Bank, exists or is on file in any public office or remains in effect; and (f) no person or entity, other than Debtor, Bank and Intermediary, has any control over the Collateral or Proceeds.
6. COVENANTS OF DEBTOR.
(a) Debtor agrees in general: (i) to pay Indebtedness secured hereby when due; (ii) to indemnify Bank against all losses, claims, demands, liabilities and expenses of every kind caused by the Collateral and/or the Proceeds; (iii) to pay all reasonable costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, incurred by Bank in the perfection and preservation of the Collateral or Banks interest therein and/or the realization, enforcement and exercise of Banks rights, powers and remedies hereunder; (iv) to permit Bank to exercise its powers hereunder and under the other Loan Documents; (v) to execute and deliver such documents as Bank deems necessary to create, perfect and continue the security interests contemplated hereby; (vi) not to change its name, and as applicable, its chief executive office, its principal residence or the jurisdiction in which it is organized and/or registered without giving Bank notice within thirty (30) days thereof; and (vii) to cooperate with Bank in perfecting all security interests granted herein and in obtaining such agreements from third parties as Bank deems reasonably necessary in connection with the preservation, perfection or enforcement of any of its rights hereunder.
(b) Debtor agrees with regard to the Collateral and Proceeds, unless Bank agrees otherwise in writing: (i) that Bank is authorized to file financing statements in the name of Debtor to perfect Banks security interest in Collateral and Proceeds; (ii) not to permit any security interest in or lien on the Collateral or Proceeds, except for Permitted Liens; provided that in no event shall Debtor grant control over the Collateral and/or the Proceeds to any other person or entity other than Intermediary on behalf of Bank; (iii) except for Permitted Liens, not to hypothecate or permit the transfer by operation of law of any of the Collateral or Proceeds or any interest therein; provided that in no event shall Debtor grant control over the Collateral and/or the Proceeds to any other person or entity other than Intermediary (on behalf of Bank); and (iv) if the Collateral or Proceeds consists of securities and so long as no Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, to vote said securities and to give consents, waivers and ratifications with respect thereto, provided that no vote shall be cast or consent, waiver or ratification given or action taken which would impair Banks interests in the Collateral and Proceeds or be inconsistent with or violate any provisions of this Agreement. Debtor further agrees that any party now or at any time hereafter authorized by Debtor to advise or otherwise act with respect to the Securities Account shall be subject to all terms and conditions contained herein and in any control, custodial or other similar agreement at any time in effect among Bank, Debtor and Intermediary relating to the Collateral.
7. POWERS OF BANK. Debtor appoints Bank its true attorney in fact to perform any of the following powers, which are coupled with an interest, are irrevocable until termination of this Agreement and may be exercised from time to time by Banks officers and employees, or
any of them, whether or not Debtor is in default (except as otherwise provided): (a) to perform any obligation of Debtor hereunder in Debtors name or otherwise; (b) if an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, to notify any person obligated on any security, instrument or other document subject to this Agreement of Banks rights hereunder; (c) if an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, to collect by legal proceedings or otherwise all dividends, interest, principal or other sums now or hereafter payable upon or on account of the Collateral or Proceeds; (d) if an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, to enter into any extension, modification, reorganization, deposit, merger or consolidation agreement, or any other agreement relating to or affecting the Collateral or Proceeds, and in connection therewith to deposit or surrender control of the Collateral and Proceeds, to accept other property in exchange for the Collateral and Proceeds, and to do and perform such acts and things as Bank may deem proper, with any money or property received in exchange for the Collateral or Proceeds, at Banks option, to be applied to the Indebtedness or held by Bank under this Agreement; (e) if an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, to make any compromise or settlement Bank deems desirable or proper in respect of the Collateral and Proceeds; (f) if an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, to insure, process and preserve the Collateral and Proceeds; (g) if an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, to exercise all rights, powers and remedies which Debtor would have, but for this Agreement, with respect to all Collateral and Proceeds subject hereto; and (h) to do all acts and things and execute all documents in the name of Debtor or otherwise deemed by Bank (acting in good faith) as necessary, proper and convenient in connection with the preservation, perfection or enforcement of its rights hereunder. If an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, to effect the purposes of this Agreement or otherwise upon instructions of Debtor, Bank may cause any Collateral and/or Proceeds to be transferred to Banks name or the name of Banks nominee. If an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived, any or all Collateral and/or Proceeds consisting of securities may be registered, without notice, in the name of Bank or its nominee, and thereafter Bank or its nominee may exercise, without notice, all voting and corporate rights at any meeting of the shareholders of the issuer thereof, any and all rights of conversion, exchange or subscription, or any other rights, privileges or options pertaining to such Collateral and/or Proceeds, all as if it were the absolute owner thereof. The foregoing shall include, without limitation, the right of Bank or its nominee to exchange, at its discretion, any and all Collateral and/or Proceeds upon the merger, consolidation, reorganization, recapitalization or other readjustment of the issuer thereof, or upon the exercise by the issuer thereof or Bank of any right, privilege or option pertaining to any shares of the Collateral and/or Proceeds, and in connection therewith, the right to deposit and deliver any and all of the Collateral and/or Proceeds with any committee, depository, transfer agent, registrar or other designated agency upon such terms and conditions as Bank may determine. All of the foregoing rights, privileges or options may be exercised without liability on the part of Bank or its nominee except to account for property actually received by Bank. Bank shall have no duty to exercise any of the foregoing, or any other rights, privileges or options with respect to the Collateral or Proceeds and shall not be responsible for any failure to do so or delay in so doing.
8. PAYMENT OF PREMIUMS, TAXES, CHARGES, LIENS AND ASSESSMENTS. Debtor agrees to pay, prior to delinquency, all insurance premiums, taxes, charges, liens and assessments against the Collateral and Proceeds, and upon the failure of Debtor to do so, Bank at its option may pay any of them and shall be the sole judge of the legality or validity thereof and the amount necessary to discharge the same. Any such payments made by Bank shall be obligations of Debtor to Bank, due and payable immediately upon demand, together with interest at a rate determined in accordance with the provisions of Section 15 hereof, and shall
be secured by the Collateral and Proceeds, subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
9. EVENTS OF DEFAULT. The occurrence of any Event of Default as that term is defined in the Credit Agreement shall constitute an Event of Default hereunder.
10. REMEDIES. Upon the occurrence and during the continuation of any unwaived Event of Default, Bank shall have the right to declare immediately due and payable all or any Indebtedness secured hereby and to terminate any commitments to make loans or otherwise extend credit to Debtor. Bank shall have all other rights, powers, privileges and remedies granted to a secured party upon default under the California Uniform Commercial Code or otherwise provided by law, including without limitation, the right (a) to contact all persons obligated to Debtor on any Collateral or Proceeds and to instruct such persons to deliver all Collateral and/or Proceeds directly to Bank, and (b) to sell, lease, license or otherwise dispose of any or all Collateral. All rights, powers, privileges and remedies of Bank shall be cumulative. No delay, failure or discontinuance of Bank in exercising any right, power, privilege or remedy hereunder shall affect or operate as a waiver of such right, power, privilege or remedy; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power, privilege or remedy preclude, waive or otherwise affect any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, power, privilege or remedy. Any waiver, permit, consent or approval of any kind by Bank of any default hereunder, or any such waiver of any provisions or conditions hereof, must be in writing and shall be effective only to the extent set forth in writing. It is agreed that public or private sales or other dispositions, for cash or on credit, to a wholesaler or retailer or investor, or user of property of the types subject to this Agreement, or public auctions, are all commercially reasonable since differences in the prices generally realized in the different kinds of dispositions are ordinarily offset by the differences in the costs and credit risks of such dispositions. If an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing unwaived: (a) Debtor will not dispose of any Collateral or Proceeds except on terms approved by Bank; (b) Bank may appropriate the Collateral and apply all Proceeds toward repayment of the Indebtedness in such order of application as Bank may from time to time elect; (c) Bank may take any action with respect to the Collateral contemplated by any control, custodial or other similar agreement then in effect among Bank, Debtor and Intermediary; and (d) at Banks request, Debtor will assemble and deliver all books and records pertaining to the Collateral or Proceeds to Bank at a reasonably convenient place designated by Bank. For any Collateral or Proceeds consisting of securities, Bank shall have no obligation to delay a disposition of any portion thereof for the period of time necessary to permit the issuer thereof to register such securities for public sale under any applicable state or Federal law, even if the issuer thereof would agree to do so. Debtor further agrees that Bank shall have no obligation to process or prepare any Collateral for sale or other disposition.
11. DISPOSITION OF COLLATERAL AND PROCEEDS; TRANSFER OF INDEBTEDNESS. In disposing of Collateral hereunder, Bank may disclaim all warranties of title, possession, quiet enjoyment and the like. Any proceeds of any disposition of any Collateral or Proceeds, or any part thereof, may be applied by Bank to the payment of expenses incurred by Bank in connection with the foregoing, including reasonable attorneys fees, and the balance of such proceeds may be applied by Bank toward the payment of the Indebtedness in such order of application as Bank may from time to time elect. Upon the transfer of all or any part of the Indebtedness, Bank may transfer all or any part of the Collateral or Proceeds and shall be fully discharged thereafter from all liability and responsibility with respect to any of the foregoing so transferred, and the transferee shall be vested with all rights and powers of Bank hereunder with respect to any of the foregoing so transferred; but with respect to any Collateral
or Proceeds not so transferred, Bank shall retain all rights, powers, privileges and remedies herein given.
12. STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS. Until all Indebtedness shall have been paid in full and all commitments by Bank to extend credit to Debtor have been terminated, the power of sale or other disposition and all other rights, powers, privileges and remedies granted to Bank hereunder shall continue to exist and may be exercised by Bank at any time and from time to time irrespective of the fact that the Indebtedness or any part thereof may have become barred by any statute of limitations, or that the personal liability of Debtor may have ceased, unless such liability shall have ceased due to the payment in full of all Indebtedness secured hereunder.
13. MISCELLANEOUS. Debtor hereby waives any right to require Bank to (i) proceed against Debtor or any other person, (ii) proceed against or exhaust any security from Debtor or any other person, (iii) perform any obligation of Debtor with respect to any Collateral or Proceeds, and (d) make any presentment or demand, or give any notice of nonpayment or nonperformance, protest, notice of protest or notice of dishonor hereunder or in connection with any Collateral or Proceeds. Debtor further waives any right to direct the application of payments or security for any Indebtedness of Debtor or indebtedness of customers of Debtor.
14. NOTICES. All notices, requests and demands required under this Agreement shall be made, and shall be deemed given or received, given in accordance with the provisions of the Credit Agreement.
15. COSTS, EXPENSES AND ATTORNEYS FEES. Debtor shall pay to Bank immediately upon demand the full amount of all payments, advances, charges, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees (to include outside counsel fees and all allocated costs of Banks in-house counsel), expended or incurred by Bank in exercising any right, power, privilege or remedy conferred by this Agreement or in the enforcement thereof, whether incurred at the trial or appellate level, in an arbitration proceeding or otherwise, and including any of the foregoing incurred in connection with any bankruptcy proceeding (including without limitation, any adversary proceeding, contested matter or motion brought by Bank or any other person) relating to Debtor or in any way affecting any of the Collateral or Banks ability to exercise any of its rights or remedies with respect thereto. All of the foregoing shall be paid by Debtor with interest from the date of demand until paid in full at a rate per annum equal to the Prime Rate (as defined in the Loan Commitment Note) in effect from time to time plus three percent (3.0%).
16. SUCCESSORS; ASSIGNS; AMENDMENT. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns of the parties, and may be amended or modified only in writing signed by Bank and Debtor.
17. SEVERABILITY OF PROVISIONS. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be prohibited by or invalid under applicable law, such provision shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provision or any remaining provisions of this Agreement.
18. GOVERNING LAW. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
19. ADDENDUM. Additional terms and conditions relating to the Securities Account are set forth in an Addendum attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference.
Debtor warrants that Debtor is an organization registered under the laws of the State of Delaware.
Debtor warrants that its chief executive office is located at the following address: 500 Wind River Way, Alameda, CA 94501-1171.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed as of the date first written above.
WIND RIVER SYSTEMS, INC.,
a Delaware corporation
|By:||/s/ Michael W. Zellner|
|Name:||Michael W. Zellner|
|Title:||Vice President, Finance & Administration, Chief Financial Officer and Secretary|